June 7, 2008

MicroSDHC 2GB, 4GB and 8GB Becoming Cheap!

For anyone with a decent, releatively new smartphone, the best way to increase your media storage is by adding more MicroSD memory. Most new phones should even support greater than 2GB aka MicroSDHC memory. Sometimes, buying a smartphone w/ MicroSDHC support proves to be a better economical solution with the flexibility to upgrades than phones with embedded memory (ie. N95-4, iPhone, etc...). For example, I paid $500 for my N95-3 and started with a 1GB microSD I owned. I paid $35 for a 4GB microSDHC a while ago. If I have waited, the 8GB microSDHC would cost the same today. In the future I could even expand to 16GB. In the mean time, a N95-4 would have set me back at least $650, while it has 8GB internal memory, this is it for the phone, no future upgrades and when it comes time for firmware restoration, it has proven to be less convenient.

The price for MicroSD or MicroSDHC memory cards are dropping fast, take a look at the pricing points below for example. Its a great time for you to load up your phone with pictures, videos and MP3s.

Kingston MicroSD 1GB - as low as $7
SanDisk MicroSDHC 2GB - as low as $11
SanDisk MicroSDHC 4GB - as low as $15
Kingston MicroSDHC 4GB - as low as $21
SanDisk MicroSDHC 8GB - as low as $38

No comments: