November 3, 2008

My PWNAGE iPhone 2.1 Won't Ring Anymore!

[Update 11/6/08: I have found a solution to this problem. Apparently this issue happens to a number of folks with a pwn'd or not pwn'd iPhones. Sounds like a software glitch to me as many have said their phone worked until they upgraded. Some have had this problem in earlier 1.x firmware. Anyways, my solution is here.]

Continuing with my saga from yesterday of adding a custom firmware 2.1 from PWNAGE/QuickPWN, I discovered a little glitch today - my iPhone will no longer ring if it has been in standby mode or a long time. It is both annoying and frustrating because no matter what I do, I can't get rid of it (re-PAWNAGE and re-QuickPwn it both could not get rid of the problem).

I am leaning towards a software glitch because the problem isn't that the iPhone never rings. If the LCD is on, or if it is connected to a power source, no matter how long it has its LCD powered down, it will ring and alert me that it received a text message. However, by itself and if you let the LCD power down for more than 3 minutes, it felt like it entered some sort of 2nd stage sleep mode and when a call comes through, the phone baseband no longer has the ability to wake up the LCD and Ringer to inform me. The minute I press the power or home button during a missing call, it will lite up and start to ring.

I can't get a whole lot of information other than this link on this problem so I fear it can also be an one-off hardware issue. Would love to hear if you are having the same problem. BTW, if anyone is wondering if I have left the mute switch on, the answer is no. iPhone should be able to ring as is.

iPhone won't ring anymore
iPhone stopped ringing

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My iphone will not ring either. This started when i used pwnage pineapple 2.1 as well.
I suspect that mine is a hardware issue.
I've gone up to 2.2 normal restore and still no ringer. Mine does not have any external sound at all, but does still vibrate during some incoming calls...

Anonymous said...

We offer sports shoes sale mbt shoes uk ,like mbt shoes and mbt shoe where sale discount mbt shoes and cheap mbt shoes, mbt shoes sale, you can buy mbt shoes there world best
mbt anti shoes and anti shoes online store!!

mbt shoes said...

Do you like MBT shoes online MBT chapa buy it MBT chapa shoes with MBT lami free MBT lami shoes shipping MBT kaya over MBT kaya shoes us,we MBT M.Walk sell MBT m walk shoes on line mbt men shoes for mbt women shoes and vibram five fingers sale vibram five fingers sale is our discount vibram five fingers best cheap vibram five fingers choice cheap MBT chapa shoes thank cheap MBT lami to cheap MBT lami shoes see cheap MBT kaya it cheap MBT kaya shoes you can cheap MBT M.Walk go cheap MBT m walk shoes by cheap mbt men shoes click cheap mbt women shoes

Anonymous said...

cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags for sale and
cheap Louis Vuitton bags for sale and
cheap Louis Vuitton purses for sale and
cheap Louis Vuitton wallets for sale and
cheap Louis Vuitton Travel for sale and
cheap LV Handbags for sale and
cheap LV Bags for sale and
cheap LV purses for sale and
cheap LV wallets for sale and
cheap lv Travel for sale and
cheap replica Louis Vuitton bags for sale and
cheap replica Louis Vuitton Handbags for sale and
cheap replica Louis Vuitton purses for sale and
cheap replica Louis Vuitton wallets for sale and
cheap replica Louis Vuitton Travel for sale and
cheap replica lv handbags for sale and
cheap replica lv Bags for sale and
cheap replica LV purses for sale and
cheap replica lv wallet for sale and
cheap replica lv Travel for sale and