March 11, 2011

My Quick Impression on the iPad 2

With all the rage and buzz taking place throughout the day with regards to the iPad 2 launch event and the insane number of people getting in line to buy an iPad 2, I was surprised how easy and mellow for me to find the one I want in a nearby store and walked out within 20 minutes.  Nearby my office, there is a Walmart.  I kinda figured if I might be able to find one here during launch day.  At 5:15PM (15min after its official launch), I walked in, asked for the store associate for one, a manager pulled out a stack of remaining iPad inventory sticker and found a sticker for the 64GB White WiFi edition that I was looking for.  I then waited in line for approx. 15 minutes, paid for it and walked out.  Pretty glad I do not have to wait hours in line (or in rain in NYC) for that.

My first, raw, impression of the iPad 2 is that it is "slightly" better.  Aside from the front camera for video conference (unsure why the rear camera is necessary), everything else is marginal.  The dual core A5 CPU is nice but I have yet to be able to tell the performance differentiation (perhaps not until much later iOS upgrade).  The thinness and weight savings is nice but not that noticeable.  I was pleasantly surprised (and happy) to find out that it will fit inside most of the folio style cases (while not the most snug fit), will be able to provide sufficient protection until my real protective case arrives.  (Pictured is the iPad 2 inside a Griffin Elan Passport Case for my original iPad, my review here)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wise woman choose Red Leather Bracelets,Charms for cheap pandora on this level of knowledge, you can compare prices and go and buy cheap bracelets say. Red Leather Bracelets Soufeel cheapest pandora bracelet can even have lovely little charms that hang from them. This jewelry beads are often used by jewelry lovers to make bracelets, earrings and even pins.Browse these charms and beads sorted by pandora australia or themes.You can also consider the conventional meanings and connotations of colours to provide presents that genuinely communicate your heart.You can either wear it on certain occasions or regularly, depending on how comfortable you are with the jewelry. No one wants the friendship cheap pandora bead they gave to cut off the circulation of their recipient.