November 5, 2013

NEXUS 5 is a microSD slot away from the perfect phone!

I was super excited to wait for the NEXUS 5.  Having used both Nexus Galaxy and Nexus 4 (which is near perfection), I could not wait for NEXUS 5's arrival.

On paper, it improved on everything that NEXUS 4 was weak:

* LTE is now available (almost world wide), but definitely good enough for the US GSM carriers
* Processor is now a beast with the 2.3GHz Snapdragn 800 (up from 1.5)
* Internal Memory is now available with 32GB (which is the minimum for today's standard IMHO)
* Battery improved marginally to 2,300MHz (vs. 2,100MHz)

One thing that could have made this phone to perfection is the MicroSDHC support so I can expand storage by another 64 or 128GB for media files.

I can't fathom the additional cost this would have added for Google.

For that, I give it a 4.5 stars (missing .5 for the microSDHC slot)

No comments: