October 6, 2014

Where is my iPhone 6?

I needed an iPhone 6, unlocked, for research purposes.  Given the only option on the Apple Store is a "Contract Free" iPhone 6 as opposed to the "Unlocked or Sim Free" version which is previously available to the 4s, 5, 5s.

Anyways, I was happy to see Apple shipping out the device pretty quickly (faster than the 7 to 10 business days estimate), it only took 4 days to be shipped out, however, its taken quite the journey since then.  I used to recall a 2 or 3 day Fedex delivery, instead, the device has been on a long trip since Oct 2 out of China, its spent a few days in Korea hanging out and finally gets over to Alaska.  Needless to say, I find it a bit crappy for it to take longer for its shipping time than manufacturing time.  My best guess is that this has to do with minimize shipping "cost" and it is probably better for their P&L to have it shipped this method via UPS.

Once I received the phone, I will post a confirmation on whether this phone is unlocked as they say: here and here.

No comments: