January 23, 2015

Nexus 6 Battery Life (Last almost 3 Days under light usage)

Ever since I optimized my battery settings for the NEXUS 6, it can last long enough where I only charge it every other night (skipping a day).  I realized even then, most of the time, the phone would still have almost 50% of battery left by the second night.  So I've decided to see if I can make it last one more day.  The result is: YES!  By the 3rd evening at around 10PM, it had 7% juice.  That same night, I was actually out with friends.  I chose not to put the phone in battery saving mode, at around midnight, the phone finally ran out of juice.

Needless to say, I am quite impressed with the result.  It seems like either Lollipop is really optimized for Nexus 6, or my coverage with AT&T has improved where the phone is not wasting battery trying to connect to the network all the time.

I do remember when I first received my NEXUS 5, I was impressed with the battery optimization (62% of power left after a full day of use); but few months later, things got weird and battery behavior became erratic (perhaps after an android update).  I am hoping the NEXUS 6's performance will hod up longer.
(Screen capture of NEXUS 6 after approx. 60 hours or 2.5 days of use... still 7% left!!!)

No comments: