March 15, 2016

Project Fi Update

After a couple of days of usage, I have some updates.

1. As seen from the image here, the LTE speed from my apartment is pretty AWESOME.  76mb down and 30mb up is faster than my FIOS network at home.  I am loving it so far.

2. I use a 3rd party text app called TEXTRA, for now it seems to have trouble with MMS setting (my guess is that it has to do with the fact that the app doesn't know how to behave amongst two potential networks).  For now, I switched back to the default messenger app.

3. Google's WiFi Assistant is great at finding reliable and secure network connections to save you on the data network, I found a handy reference here to show you what each icon means, including the little "key" icon which stands for trusted wifi net
work.

No comments: