July 5, 2017

How to get Project Fi SMS on your Computer?

My NEXUS 5X suddenly decided to quit on me.  Until I figure out the next solution, I needed to access my SMS messages since using other devices to get into my Google Account requires 2-way verification (and the method is SMS).  A Google search revealed that it can be done via Hangout (within Gmail), but not much is said after.  I found the option, just follow my screen shot.  You can see that messages coming in are noted with a little SMS icon.

Good luck!


Step 1: Login to gmail.com, go to your profile/name within the Hangout Section of Gmail and find the drop down menu, scroll to the bottom to find the option allowing you to use Hangout to send/receive Project Fi SMS messages.


Step 2: If this worked, you'll be able to send and receive SMS messages, there is a little icon that differentiates the type of messages.  


Step 3: If you need to start a new message, you'll need to go to the little "Phone" option, search for a name from your address book and the little SMS icon will appear next to the names from your address book.



No comments: